Start Your New Career Today & enjoy job stability with Team Car Care as an Essential Business!
Safety is our priority! COVID-19 protocols are in place!
Team Car Care owns and operates more than 550 auto service centers in North America. We offer a fun, fast paced work environment, with a comprehensive benefit package which includes medical plans, 401(k), certification/tuition reimbursement and paid vacations. At Team Car Care we invest in you and your future by providing excellent training for our technician, and management positions. We offer fast track career advancement opportunities for hard working, team players who can deliver results. If you are looking for more than a job, apply today and begin your career with Team Car Care!
The General Manager will train and supervise store teammates in the performance of the following functions. In addition, the General Manager will perform many/most of these same duties as business needs require: General functions that include but are not limited to: Complete all required computer-based training and other on the job training including General Manager training, enforce attendance, safety, uniform, and various additional company policies, attend, or conduct store safety and policy meetings.
Responsibilities Will Include, But Not Be Limited To
• Provide prompt and courteous guest service, answer questions, and investigate and resolve guest problems and complaints.
• Maintain inventory control with thorough knowledge of cost of goods, turn-ratio, ordering and receiving products, etc.
• Responsible for budgeting, sales forecasts, P/L performance, etc. as well as understand factors which affect sales and profit such as guest counts, marketing, weather, etc.
• Maintain or direct the maintenance of the building, equipment, and grounds, including but not limited to the air compressor, HVAC, flooring, bay nets, oil/water separator, interior and exterior lighting, dumpster area, sump pump, waste oil system, tire rotation lifts, overhead doors, etc.
• Troubleshoot and coordinate the on-going maintenance of the POS system.
• Provide supervision and training to teammates including scheduling, coaching, performance management, and performance appraisals.
• Hold teammates accountable and utilize appropriate teammate performance management techniques when necessary.
• Arrange for employment advertising, interview, and select teammates.
• Monitor staffing levels and adjust accordingly to maintain labor control.
• Conduct Teammate Orientation meetings if needed at your location.
• Provide safety, security, and environmental leadership for all store personnel with thorough knowledge of lockout / tag out procedures, MSDS, waste policy compliance, Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasures (SPCC) plan, the company safety manual, and OSHA & EPA resources and compliance. Be prepared to provide swift and accurate direction to teammates or guests who may become injured on the job and report all incidents no more than 24 hours after the occurrence.
• Open and Close the store as necessary.
• Complete daily, weekly, and monthly paperwork and ship or store paperwork as necessary.
• Maintain and enforce proper cash controls.
• Partner with the Loss Prevention Department to ensure LP policy compliance; promote honesty and integrity in all business transactions; report incidents of theft of inventory, assets, and/or cash shortage over $10; and report all burglaries or robberies immediately to the LP Department after emergency services and your District or Market Manager are contacted.
• Assist at other locations as directed.
Management/ Supervisory Responsibilities
• Establish clear expectations to the team, delegate effectively, promote the Respect in the Workplace policy
• Maintain an Open-Door policy, be approachable and communicate regularly with all team members,
• Follow up on all issues in a timely manner
• Conduct staff meetings
• Hold subordinates accountable, confront unacceptable performance and discipline appropriately
• Meet company goals, providing clear vision / direction / strategy to subordinates and to set the example for attitude, professionalism, and work ethic at the location.
• Strong work ethic; independently motivated to produce results with limited influence from others
• Hard worker, someone who works diligently to get tasks done and demonstrates personal characteristics, such as responsibility, dependability, conscientiousness, communication, and teamwork
• Ability to review, analyze, and interpret information, identify problems, and make decisions
• Ability to read, understand, and follow procedures and guidelines
• Depending on location, our stores may be open 7 days a week, which may include weekends and some holidays
• Commitment to following established safety policies and procedures
Team Car Care is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.