We are searching for a strategic V.P of Human Resources to execute the human resources and employment strategy and direct the overall operation of the Human Resources department which includes talent acquisition/recruiting, compensation, benefits, employee relations, HRBPs, performance management, and labor relations.
In this role, you will provide leadership for the strategic and functional direction of the Human Resources department and serve as a critical thought partner to the Executive Team. This position provides strategic and innovative advice for the senior leaders to support short and long-term business objectives and to position the organization as the employer of choice. As the V.P. of Human Resources, you will help implement and drive policies and practices to ensure the Human Resources team is supporting the mission, its employees, and the regulatory and compliance standards at a state and federal level. You will support the organizational strategy through effective, innovative recruitment and retention strategies for top talent, including the development of staff and managers through professional growth and succession planning.
SCOPE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a strategic business partner to the leadership team to create a workforce plan that supports the talent management strategy by anticipating future talent needs, along with staffing forecasts, succession plans and retention efforts for top tier talent.
- Establish long-range human resources strategies and practices for the organization to meet specific company objectives and business growth, including leadership and consulting support to management on matters of goal setting, policy development, and program implementation.
- Partner with leadership to build talent/leadership capabilities, talent bench strength, and overall employee effectiveness to deliver on the business strategy and support high performance of the company,
- Develop progressive and proactive compensation, recognition, and benefits programs to attract, motivate, retain, incent, and reward employees for effective performance.
- Champion, promote, and guide the Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging (DIB) strategy to promote diversity awareness.
- Develop and implement policies, processes, and employment practices that comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the HR Department.
- Perform additional duties and responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years of HR experience preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) of years of leadership and management experience/responsibilities preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing talent and workforce strategies that align with driving business outcomes.
- Strong business acumen, operational skills, and successful partnership with senior leadership.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including coaching with a consultant mindset, facilitation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly collaborative, with excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills to interface effectively with all levels of the organization
- Proven ability to effectively lead, develop and motivate staff.
- Advanced degree desirable.
- Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) preferred.
- An emotional intelligence and leadership competency focus.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE & QUALITIES
The ideal candidate should also possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Strong business acumen, with a history of serving as a thought leader and business partner to senior leadership in the formulation of organizational design strategies and recommendations to optimize functional effectiveness, improve corporate performance, and scale an organization for growth.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing an end-to-end talent ecosystem from talent strategy to talent management, with specific experience improving the speed and quality of talent acquisition.
- Experience overseeing the development and execution of total rewards strategies that drive results & value through compensation structures.
- Demonstrated ability to elevate associate performance through measurable results while driving toward a collaborative and accountable culture.
- High intellect with a high emotional quotient, that translates to an interactive and impactful personality that effectively builds throughout the organization.
- A leadership style that demonstrates confidence, drive, passion, and conviction while being collaborative and humble.
- Executive presence with the ability to win the organization's respect and drive change while taking personal accountability.
- Comfortable being a unique or different voice in the organization and pushing back in a data-driven and professional manner.
- Candid and direct communicator who excels in delivering insightful and specific recommendations and explanations to a diverse set of constituents.