The American quick lube industry provides more than 100 million oil changes every year from over 10,000 standalone locations. Within this industry, there is one dynamic growing company that stands out from the rest – Team Car Care, dba Jiffy Lube, the largest franchisee of quick lube retail service stores in the country. Operating more than 530 Jiffy Lube locations from coast to coast, and serving nearly 5 million guests each year, with over 4,500 professional service advisors, Team Car Care’s mission is to be the most trusted car care company in the nation. We strive to do this by exceeding guests' expectations with consistent "Signature Service" delivered through our organization of friendly, knowledgeable, and professional teammates. Our values guide all our actions and include respect, integrity, teamwork, trust, and excellence.
Team Car Care is trusted by consumers and recognized by the industry as the best place for quick, professional vehicle care within the neighborhoods we serve. Our company is committed to leading the quick lube industry with safe, clean, and attractive facilities; well trained and courteous staff; respect for the environment and recycling; and providing the highest quality products and important vehicle maintenance services to ensure we are the first choice of every consumer.
The Employee Relations Specialist is responsible for supporting field operations in multiple regional locations by providing coaching and guidance on HR related business matters including employee relations issues, EEO claims, partner with safety and workman’s comp teams, interpret HR policy and procedures, maintain field policies and procedures, and investigate complex employee relations matters. This position will partner closely with store management and Employee Manager to champion excellence and consistency in application of policies and procedures
- Coordinating, planning, and implementing various protocols that relates to identifying positive outcomes and resolutions to employee issues while leveraging goodwill strategies for the Company
- Provides sound coaching and recommendations to issues that affect employment status, affirmative action, and diversity.
- Proactively identifies issues and concerns and creates/implements corrective plans of action.
- Investigate and resolve internal employee relations issues promptly while adhering to confidentiality importance
- Provides balanced insights and recommendations in work-related employee conflicts
- Works with Legal Counsel obtaining information for litigated claims
- Ensure compliance with all legal requirements and government reporting regulations related to the employment of team members including OSHA, EEO, ERISA, FLSA guidelines, harassment, and discrimination
- Investigates and responds to employee relations’ issues
- Prepares documents and represents company at Wage Claim Hearings
- Foundational knowledge of HR policies and procedures, plus labor, wage, and hour laws, including EEOC, AA, ADA, FLSA, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills required; ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize is critical for success
- Knowledge and experience in understanding current federal and state laws pertaining to employment and harassment prevention programs
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and integrity while executing responsibilities.
- Establish trust and credibility with team members at all levels in the organization, utilizing a customer-service orientation when interacting with teammates to ensure they feel respected and supported/
- Adaptability to a fast-paced changing environment
- Proactive in identifying internal customer needs and recommend solutions.
- Action oriented
- Ability to draw sound conclusions and make responsible recommendations
- Experience resolving complex employee relations’ issues
- Operate with integrity and fairness
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Human Resources or equivalent work experience in Human Resources as a generalist
- 2 years Employee Relations/HR experience in a fast-past environment, multi-location; retail environment preferred
- HRIS experience a plus